Awesome Housewarming Ideas That Will Awe Your Guests! A Housewarming party is a good idea to share the joy of having a new home with your friends and family. It helps you to share your happy moments and warm it up to a home. It is further an important way to get introduced to new faces that you will meet in the neighborhood.
Moving to a new home can be hectic but planning your housewarming can give you something exciting to work on in the meantime. Furthermore, if you work with a team of professional home movers, the moving process can be quick and easy and this can free up your time so that you can focus on entertaining your guests when the big day arrives. With this in mind, if you would like some help to make your move more manageable, you can find some useful tips and resources on the Atlanta Home Movers website here: https://www.atlantahomemovers.
However, hosting a housewarming party means that you can enjoy your day with friends and family without worrying too much about having everything organized. You can use the idea to start the housewarming party to get your stuff arranged fast and efficiently. You can also set the date for the party and plan to have your friends to help you out as well. Using a few steps, you can easily plan a unique party and make the most of the housewarming ideas instantly.
Awesome housewarming party decoration ideas that work for your home
One of the most important housewarming party decoration ideas is to plan of time. If you wish to go for the same using the help of your friends. If you are planning to host a daytime party for socialization purposes, a Sunday brunch, or a formal dinner then you will have different needs. However, if you are feeling adventurous then you need to take up a specific theme for your party. Once you have decided on the theme, planning will become super easy for you.
How to throw the most awesome housewarming party possible?
Throwing a party is not an easy task yet it can become manageable if you have the right planning and execution. Many people time their party immediately after making the move and this can add to the chaos. It is important to identify if you can adjust the same to your schedule. Having a fun and exciting housewarming party is the celebration of the new home and helps you to expand your social status even further.
Here are a few of the exciting ways in which you can make all the difference for your housewarming party instantly –
- Make a guest list
Your guest list should include your friends and family who should be called in before the party to make things easy and simple for you. They can help you with the planning and management of the same. Next, you need to invite your next-door neighbors and friends of your friends to expand your social circle even further.
- Decide on party Decoration and theme
As stated above, there is no perfect theme for your housewarming party Decoration. There is no perfect time to host your welcome party. Moreover, it is one of the most important aspects of getting the right results especially if you wish to host a party during an uncertain whether condition.
- Make a guest list
What is Housewarming party etiquette for the host?
How do you get the best housewarming party Decoration and what works best for your party theme?
It is extremely vital that you and your family determine the extent of formal or informal event that you wish to host for your welcome home celebration.
Although, many the housewarming parties tend to be on casual side and do not need your home to be in the perfect shape to gain the best results.
As a host you need to focus on various aspects of your home. For instance, using ceiling lamps is must to get the best results for your home during the night function.
Moreover, placing wind chimes at strategic locations of your home is a good idea as it brings a nice and calming effect to a day party. Here are a few ideas that may prove to be helpful during the traditional Housewarming parties –
- Potluck is a great way to welcome yourself home to a new neighborhood. Tell your guests to bring over their favorite dishes and ensure that all your guests are treated to these goodies when the supper is served.
- Going for a garden party? A good idea is to place wind chimes at strategic locations especially if you are having a day party. Similarly, these work wonders if you are hosting a spring or summer garden party.
- One of the housewarming ideas that needs least number of party Decoration is the open house. This is a highly traditional yet aesthetic way to welcome guests to your home. Hence, you need to keep your home open for a specific time at each day. This means your neighbors can visit and welcome you to the area as per your convenience. As a result, they can check your digs whenever their schedule permits. This is a great way to welcome new friends to come and visit you.
- A bit unconventional idea is to host a paint a room idea for your home. This means that your rooms can gain a fresh coat of paint even before you unpack. Call a few close friends to help you with the task and makes for an extremely fun and exciting activity. You can also place exciting ceiling lamps at the end to leave a positive impact on the guests.
- Similarly, you can even host an unpacking party. Here all your friends can raid the packing boxes and help you to unpack and settle down easily into the new home.
Whom should we invite to the housewarming party?
One of the housewarming ideas that needs least number of party Decoration is an informal evening dinner. You can place exciting style of ceiling lamps at the various indoor locations to leave a positive impact on the guests.
- People who matter
You can invite few friends and family members to come to your Housewarming party. It is considered a good idea to share the good fortune with your close ones.
- People who helped you settle down
You can similarly call anyone who helped you to settle down into the new home. As a result, the more the merrier.
- People who matter
How to decorate my home for housewarming party?
As stated before, having housewarming party Decoration on a budget is possible by using wind chimes, balloons, ceiling lamps, fairy lights and pinwheels. A large part of the Decoration is dependent on the theme selected by you. For instance, you can use the following points –
- You can use a colorful and eye-catching blend of shades by using DIY projects. For this you can bring in seashell, flowers, wind chimes, balloons, etc. These can be had on a budget from the leading online stores.
- Similarly, paint chips make for an exciting bunting. This is perfect for a housewarming party Decoration idea. You can also ask your friends to help you out with the various aspects of your home decor.
- If your schedule has been jam-packed and you are not having a credible idea to make the most of the time, then use classic Decoration ideas. Bring a Potted plant, candles, votives, accents, etc. If nothing works, use gold spray paint to work with a Midas touch. For instance, you can give your old tea tray or light holder a touch of gold using the method. You can also bring in faux crystals and then place them in a stylish setting using hot glue.
- You can also ask your friends to design beautiful and elegant housewarming party invitations and then send them to your neighborhood.
How to write a good housewarming party invite?
It can be difficult to understand the etiquette for the housewarming party. You need to be careful about what you write, where you write and how you write up the invite.
For instance – if you need to reflect on an informal style then you can use a more relaxed choice of words whereas for a formal dinner, an equal invite can work wonders.
Here are a few ideas to help you with the process –
- Sample formal invite 1
We have moved into a new home
But your gracious presence can help us turn it into a beautiful home
All it takes is friends like you!
- Sample formal invite 2
We request your presence at
Housewarming dinner party
(Date and time)
Dinner at …… p.m.
RSVP by …….
- Sample informal invite 1
We have wired the lights
So now we welcome you to the
(Date and time)
Dinner at …… p.m.
Light snacks and drinks
RSVP by …….
Please bring no gift. Your presence is precious for us.
- Sample formal invite 1
Frequently asked questions
Question 1 – What kind of food do you serve at the housewarming party?
Answer – You should select easy to eat snacks and finger foods. You need to have small cocktail plates and napkins nearby. Here are a few ideas that can work well for your housewarming party- pastries and vegetable platter.
Similarly, bring in simple and ample items to choose from. Include veggies like peas, cucumbers, carrots, cherry, tomatoes, celery sticks, or snacks made from these for the best results.
Question 2 – Why milk is boiled during the housewarming party?
Answer – As per Hindu tradition, boiling milk on new stove or in new home in an open pot is must. The same should also overflow the sides post boiling. This indicates that there will be overabundance of food and prosperity in the new home. This milk then needs to be served to your deities by adding some sugar. Alternatively, you may serve the same to your guests as well.
Question 3 – What is the point of having a housewarming party?
Answer – Having a housewarming party is a tradition that signifies shifting to a new home. It is an occasion where hosts welcome their friends, family and neighbors to a new home. This also helps you to get gifts for your home improvement. This helps to break ice on moving to a new place or locales.
Question 4 – When should you host a housewarming party?
Answer – Housewarming parties are typically for home buyers and especially for new homeowners. Although, moving to a rental property is not considered as an occasion for housewarming yet a few bachelor’s often host these on moving to rental home to signify their financial independence. Ideally, moving or constructing a new home from scratch does call for a housewarming party!
You may opt to have a housewarming party immediately after one week or after one month – depending on your organization needs. Depending on how fast you can organize your home, you can throw a housewarming party. If you have a huge guest list, add another week to notify them and prepare them for the big day.
Apart from the above, the same should ideally be held within two months of moving in.
Question 5 – Do you bring something for a housewarming party?
Answer – It is customary to bring a housewarming gift for your host. Possible gift includes the following –
- Guest towels
- Garden plant
- wind chimes
- Dish towel,
- Picture frame
- Specialty gifts
Related Videos about Awesome Housewarming Ideas That Will Awe Your Guests! :
How to Throw a Fun House-Warming Party : Party Ideas
10 Housewarming Party Tips
Great ideas for housewarming gifts
How to Host a Housewarming Party | DIY Invitations & Photo Booth Props!
Very Easy Balloon Decoration Ideas | Balloon Decoration Ideas for any occasion at home
Awesome Housewarming Ideas That Will Awe Your Guests!
housewarming party ideas, who to invite to housewarming party, housewarming party themes, housewarming party game ideas, open house housewarming party, housewarming party decorations, housewarming centerpiece ideas, housewarming party food ideas,