4 Tell-Tale Signs To Undergo Orthodontic Treatment : Typically, having a healthy mouth is essential to women, like you, for several reasons. Aside from allowing you to eat and speak comfortably, it also improves your social interactions and overall quality of life.
However, there are times wherein the current condition of your mouth can adversely affect your life in the long run. One of these instances is when you notice some irregularities in your teeth and jaw. In such a case, you may need the assistance of an orthodontist to help you treat the problem. They’re a specialized dentist whose task is to prevent, identify, and correct irregular teeth and jaw conditions.
However, if you want to achieve the cosmetic appeal of having straighter teeth, below are the four tell-tale signs you need to undergo orthodontic treatment. Read on!
You Start Hiding Your Smile Behind Your Hand
One of the common signs you require an orthodontist for treatment is when you can no longer give a confident smile in public. This usually happens when you have certain teeth irregularities, such as:
- Tooth gap: It means there’s a jaw alignment problem regardless of whether you have a single or more opening in between teeth. There can be many reasons why the upper and lower jaws have an incorrect position. For instance, if you tend to thumb-suck when you were a toddler, it increases your likelihood of having misaligned jaws, which causes your teeth to develop gaps as you age.
- Crooked or crowded teeth: This condition can also prevent you from showing a beautiful and healthy smile. When you have crowded teeth, you may be unable to brush or floss properly, causing bad breath, gum disease, or tooth decay.
As you can see, the teeth conditions mentioned above can stop you from having a beautiful and healthy smile. Hence, if you want to restore your self-confidence and improve your overall facial appearance, watch out for these signs. Lastly, contact your orthodontist if it seems like you have one of them for the proper treatment, like an invisalign Perth or wherever you may be located.
You Have Bite Problems
Another sign you need to undergo orthodontic treatment is when you deal with some bite issues. This usually happens when your upper and lower jaws fail to interact with each other upon closing your mouth. Generally, there are various bite issues to get familiar with. These include:
- Overbite: When there’s overlapping between your top and bottom teeth, you have a so-called bite issue called an overbite. If you can’t see your lower teeth because of the upper one, it can indicate a severe overbite condition. In such a case, you may have to schedule an appointment with your orthodontist to know the best solution for this dental problem.
- Underbite: This is another variety of bite issues in which your bottom teeth hide your upper teeth as you bite down. You may also have to undergo an orthodontic treatment if the underbite is so severe that it already causes your face to have a distorted appearance.
- Open bite: This bite issue occurs when there’s a gap between the top and bottom teeth. Since both teeth aren’t able to meet, it causes chewing and speech difficulty. Hence, orthodontic treatment from a reliable dental professional is also in order.
You Begin Mouth Breathing
When the width of your jaw is so narrow that it obstructs airways and causes you to breathe through your mouth instead of your nose, it can be a sign you need help with orthodontics. Also known as mouth breathing, this jaw condition should be taken seriously to avoid more serious health issues. Sometimes, it can result in a life-threatening situation when left untreated for a long time.
Because of this, proper treatment is necessary to improve the width of your jaw and open your airways for adequate nose breathing.
You Have Difficulty Saying Words Or Pronouncing Sounds
If you experience a speech impediment, it means there’s an irregularity in your teeth or jaw. For example, the open spaces between your top and bottom teeth would make it difficult for you to say some words or produce certain sounds. If this is the case, it’s best to visit an orthodontist to find out the problem and get the necessary treatment.
Whether you have a severe orthodontic problem or not, it’s crucial to undergo some treatments, such as invisalign, metal braces, retainers, expanders, and many more, to address it and avoid further complications. For women, like you, maintaining good oral health is crucial for their overall wellbeing and quality of life.
Therefore, if you experience any of the signs mentioned above, act right away by calling your orthodontist to see which treatment is suitable for your situation. That way, you can get the most out of your ability to speak, chew, and enjoy life to the fullest.
Related Videos about Signs To Undergo Orthodontic Treatment :
How Braces Work- Elements of the orthodontic treatment and its role
How Do I Know if I Need Braces | Center for Cosmetic & General Dentistry
How Do Braces Work?
HOW BRACES WORK
Types Of Orthodontic Treatment | Which Braces Are Right For You?
4 Tell-Tale Signs To Undergo Orthodontic Treatment
orthodontic treatment price, orthodontic treatment steps, orthodontic treatment for adults, types of orthodontic treatment, orthodontic treatment time, need for orthodontic treatment, orthodontic treatment before and after, orthodontic treatment results,