What Are the Best Socks for Pilates? Pilates is a great exercise to build strength in your core muscles. It is a low-impact exercise that can build up your balance, enhance your posture, and give you more flexibility. It is also great in treating back pain. So if you are ready to get into the Pilates scene, there are only a few things that you should consider for your comfort and ability to do the exercises correctly.
What to Wear When You Do Pilates
Comfortable clothing will make all the difference while you are doing your Pilates workout.
Here are some thoughts:
- A form-fitting shirt is better than a loose t-shirt – sometimes you’ll have to bend over, and you don’t want your shirt coming up over your head.
- Form-fitting shirts will allow your instructor to see your form and make sure you are doing the poses correctly.
- Performing poses incorrectly can be harmful for your body and can lead to injury.
- Leggings work much better than shorts – shorts can ride up and make you uncomfortable.
- Women may consider wearing supportive undergarments, they are comfortable and stable while performing Pilates.
Wearing crew cut socks for pilates is a great way to not only keep your feet warm during the workout but to keep your feet grounded so you do not slip when posing. Pilates grip socks have a rubbery grip on the bottom that prevents movement on or off your mat and enable you to maintain your strengthening poses. Grip socks are great for ground-to-foot connection as they provide enough protection while allowing complete control.
Equipment Needed To Do Pilates
Now that you are decked out in your Pilates attire, what about equipment? One of the great things about Pilates exercise is that you don’t need heavy or expensive equipment. A few things that are good to have are below:
- Exercise Mat. Having a mat to do your workouts on is a good idea. It will provide you support in your workout. Mats come in different thicknesses, and some are easier to travel with than others. Depending on the comfort you need for your back and body as you do floor exercises can dictate what thickness of a mat you will want to use.
- Exercise Ball. You can use an exercise ball to modify your routines and add more core stabilization.
- Resistance Bands. Different lengths of bands can also be added to your equipment list. These are great ways to add to your strength and flexibility in your workout.
Concluding Thoughts on Pilates Apparel
Wearing the correct clothing and having a good mat is a good start in ensuring a successful Pilates workout. When it’s time to shake things up, investing in new equipment will provide you with even more strength and flexibility. In general, it is better to wear tight, stretchy clothes that allow for maximum flexibility and comfort. Try the aforementioned grip socks to enhance your pilates game, as they provide a slew of benefits for your lower half.
Related Videos about What Are the Best Socks for Pilates?
What to wear to Pilates?
What To Wear And What Not To Wear To Pilates
My Favorite Pilates Equipment for Home | Cheap Workout Gear
Top 3 Recommendations for Pilates Equipment for Home Use