Including fruit and vegetable juices as a part of your diet will not only promote good health but will also help you to effectively lose a few pounds. Vegetable juices work better for weight loss than fruit-based juices as they offer all the essential nutrients with less sugar and fewer calories. Here are a few juices you can try to achieve your weight loss targets much quicker and in the healthiest possible way.
Consuming spinach juice is a good way to get a high dose of fibre, vitamins and minerals in a low-calorie serving. The fibre in the juice aids weight loss by keeping you full for longer thus helping you to eat lesser.
For 1 glass spinach juice
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach
- 1 apple
- Put the spinach and ½ an apple in a blender.
- Add a cup of water and blend the ingredients together.
- Strain and pour the juice in a glass and garnish it with the apple wedge.
It is recommended to have this spinach juice thrice a week in the morning for maximum benefits.
In many people, weight gain is often a result of improper and inadequate metabolism. Consuming amla or Indian gooseberry juice can aid to boost your metabolism. You can drink a glass full of amla juice while you have occasional hunger pangs. Regularly drinking amla juice can also aid to flush out the toxins accumulated in the body.
For 1 glass amla juice
- 3-4 fresh amla or Indian gooseberry
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt to taste
- Cardamom powder to taste
- Cut the amla fruit into small pieces and take out the seeds.
- Now put the cut pieces in the blender and pour a cup of water into it.
- Blend for some time till you get a thick consistency.
- Now use a sieve to separate the pulp from the juice.
- You can add some honey to this juice or add some salt or cardamom powder if you desire.
You can drink this juice 30 minutes before your breakfast in the morning.
Carrot juice can be a good addition to a weight loss diet as it is low in calories and fat and high in vitamins A, C and K and other essential minerals. A glass of carrot juice also provides with vitamin B complex which is essential to break down the glucose and fat thus boosting your metabolism and helping you to lose weight.
For 1 glass carrot juice
- 4 large carrots
- 1 inch cube of ginger
- ½ lemon
- Slice the carrots and peel the ginger.
- Put them into the blender
- Now squeeze the lemon and blend them all together.
- Strain and enjoy your drink
Ensure that you drink at least a glass of carrot juice every day to burn the fat and get the svelte body you have always yearned for.
Tomato and cucumber juice
Tomato and cucumber juice can provide you with a good amount of vitamin A and dietary fibre. It is also rich in antioxidants and low in calories. Being rich in fibre, it t can help you feel more satiated and deal with your food cravings thus helping you meet your weight loss goals.
For 1 glass tomato and cucumber juice
- 3 chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups diced cucumber
- 1 stalk celery
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- Put the tomatoes, cucumber and celery in a blender.
- Bend them all together.
- Strain and add black pepper, cayenne pepper and salt to the drink
You can drink this juice in between your meals.
Celery and beet juice
The celery and beet juice provides you with a lot of nutrients like vitamin C, folate, magnesium, iron copper and potassium with a less amount of calories. Drinking a glass of this juice before a workout can increase your stamina and help you burn more calories.
For 1 glass celery and beet juice
- 4-5 celery stalks
- 1 small beet
- 1 cup coarsely chopped spinach
- 1 tsp salt
- Add the celery, beet and spinach in a blender.
- Blend all the ingredients well and strain the mixture
- Add salt to it. You can also add a little lemon juice if you want a tangy taste.
Although these juices can help you lose weight, you need to watch your portion sizes and maintain a balanced diet to lose weight successfully. Also don’t miss out on exercises along with your diet.
Image source: Getty Images